Skip to content | Sunday, 12-Jul-2020 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A

East Surrey Subregional - Mole Valley

Click here to download the browsealoud software (this link will open in a new window)

Who Can Use the Service

Anyone who has been accepted onto Mole Valley District council's Housing Register is able to use the service. To apply to join the Housing Register you must be over 16 years of age.

You will need to complete an application form, which can be obtained from the council offices or completed online by clicking here

For details on how to contact us and our opening hours click How to Contact Us.
Along with your application form you will be asked to provide the following documents:

  • Proof of current income (e.g. letters about any benefits you receive, recent wage slips, last tax return if self employed or bank statements)
  • Evidence of your right to reside in the UK if you are not a British Citizen
    (e.g. passport and other relevant documents from the Home Office)

Before you are offered a property you will be asked to provide further documents to support your application. We will tell you what documents to provide and when to provide them.

All documents provided should be copies only as we cannot guarantee the safe delivery or return of originals.  If we need to see original documents we will contact you to request that you bring them to the office.

If you do not fill in the application form properly it will be returned to you. The date it is later received by us will be the date we use as your registration date.

If you do not provide us with the documents required your application may be accepted onto the housing register but will be suspended until we receive the information requested. Once the documents are received your application will be assessed a banding will be awarded accordingly.  Your application will also be placed in the appropriate band for East Surrey Home Choice from the date the documents were received. Click Prioritising Applications for more details on our banding schemes.

Who cannot use the service?

You cannot use this service if you have not completed an application form and been accepted onto the housing register.

There are also some people who will not by law be eligible to join the housing register. These are:

  • Certain people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
  • Certain people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland
  • People (including members of their household) who have been guilty of unacceptable behaviour that makes them unsuitable to be a tenant.

For more detailed information contact us.

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy