Applying for Social Housing
Mole Valley Homechoice is the way that Mole Valley District Council allocates social housing.
Properties that are available to rent from our partner housing associations will be advertised every week from midnight on a Thursday to midnight on the following Wednesday. Households who are on the Housing Register are able to see the properties that are advertised and express an interest in any of the correct size for their families requirements, as defined by our Allocation Policy. This process is known as bidding. You may only bid for a property if your application has been accepted onto our housing register and it is the correct size for your families needs.
Before you apply please be aware that there are approximately 650 households on the register and each year about 170 are housed. Please think about this before you apply and be aware that you are unlikely to be successful if you:
- Have no local connection to Mole Valley
- Have no housing need
- Own your own home, unless you are over 55 years
- Owe rent to any current or former landlord
- Owe Council Tax to Mole Valley
- Have enough income and savings or equity in property to buy (including buying a shared ownership home) or rent a home of your own; or
- are guilty of unacceptable behaviour
If you still decide to join the register you need to complete an on-line application form by following the link on the login page or by clicking here.