NEW BUILD PROPERTIES - TANNERS MEADOWPublished: Monday 16 January 2023
TANNERS MEADOW, STROOD GREEN, BETCHWORTH. RH3 7NJ
We are advertising 4 new build houses for Mount Green Housing Association this week on the Home Choice website.
There is 1 x 4 bedroom house, 1 x 3 bedroom house and 2 x 2 bedroom houses.
The bidding cycle runs from 13th January to 18th January 2023 - ending at mid-night on Wednesday.
We will be considering applicants with a proven rural connection to Brockham, Betchworth, Strood Green & Buckland parishes under the rural preference criteria outlined in our Housing Allocations Scheme in the first instance. Please see a brief summary below regarding rural connection criteria. Full details can be found in Section 11.5 of the Allocations scheme under the section Eligibility for Vacancies - sub section Vacancies in Rural Settlements or Villages.
To place a bid/expression of interest you will need to already have an active application and bidding reference.
If you have a rural connection to the parishes above you will need to have provided evidence of this connection prior to close of the bidding cycle. Should you require further detail please contact the Allocations Team on 01306 885001.
We will be shortlisting for these properties on Thursday and Friday of this week and will contact the successful applicants as soon as we can.
Vacancies in Rural Settlements or Villages: -
The Council has determined that for a local connection to be established to a parish council or rural electoral ward the applicant must provide written evidence that
- they live in the parish council area or rural electoral ward and have done so for the last five years; or
- their place of paid employment is in the parish council area or rural electoral ward for more than 16 hours per week for the last five years; or
- they were born and brought up in the parish council area or rural electoral ward for eighteen years, but now live elsewhere; or
- they have close family, defined as parents, siblings and or adult children, who have lived in the parish council area or rural electoral ward as their main place of residence for the last consecutive ten years; or
- they have special circumstances through which a local connection has been established with the parish council area or rural electoral ward. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the Housing Options Manager, who will make a decision on whether a connection has been established.